@OptimusPrime I'm thinking of a non-profit, federated, self-hosted dating site.
I'm imagining each change to a user profile is an AP post. Like adding a picture, editing your profile text. Other users can boost your profile. It would be very much like Mastodon with one major difference being that you could create a swipable tinder-like frontend for it to swipe through all the profiles.
1. Most are owned by the Match concern, and extort their users.
2. I was thinking you create a new profile for the dating site, not use your existing fedi-profile.
3. It's even harder if you don't try.
4. Fuck off.
For membership you must write a short motivation to prove you're not a robot. If you're outside of Sweden, or don't speak Swedish, please explain why you should have an account on this instance. Please read the server rules.
1. There are way too many dating sites now
2. Doing it on Fedi will remove any sort of anonymity
3. It will be hard to get users
4. Fedi people are not good quality for dating